local host relay

dvk01

local host relay

Post by dvk01 »

how can I stop LFD sending me alerts from mailman ONLY about numbers of emails relayed
I don't want to allow all local host, just in case something happenss or a spammer gets in
I run a fairly active mailing list on the server where we often get over 1000 posts a day & when they are sent to the 50 or so members, it can soon fill my inbox

All I want is a way to stop the alerts from mailman not other relay alerts, becasue the alerts have warned me that a hacker gained access to one of my forums, thorough a compromised global mod user account & tried to delete hundreds of posts. The email relay alerted me, so I could stop him easily.
chirpy

Re: local host relay

Post by chirpy »

There's no option to distinguish between the local email traffic for the RT_ options.
sneader

Post by sneader »

Came here looking for the same thing. I have one Mailman list that is very popular and so I'm deluges with alerts when they are sending messages. I find the Relay Alerts VERY useful... it can help to alert me when a script or site has been hijacked... but it would be nice to be able to whitelist Mailman and/or certain accounts.

- Scott
JDStallings

Post by JDStallings »

I would love to see the same thing where you can ignore relay alerts from MAILMAN as there throw events when they are not really needed.

Chirpy... Is there a way to exclude MAILMAN from the local host relay anyway?

Thanks!
Jim
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

A work around:
Go to your email via webmail and create a filter that deletes the emails that you don't want, easy.

CSF is a good tool but it doesn't has to do everything, some things like this, could be done on our side, my 2 cents.

Sergio