Thanks for an awesome update!

globalexposures

Thanks for an awesome update!

Post by globalexposures »

For the last several months I've spent several hours a day battling with dictionary attackers and various hacker attempts on my server, and most of that time was busy inputting IP's to block through the firewall. But your last upgrade has been a godsend! Now you automatically detect and block 99% of the cretins who were causing my server overloads just a month ago. I hardly know what to do with the free time, it's made that much of a difference. Just had to say a big thank you for the development work. CSF was already a huge help, but you've really done us all a service with these updates. Thanks! :)
ComtechResearch

Re: Thanks for an awesome update!

Post by ComtechResearch »

Not just an awesome update, but an awesome company. :-)

I know my way around the shell prompt as root, but I know just enough about securing a LAMP server to be dangerous. These people sure seem to know what they are doing.
We are fully aware that security of LAMP severs is a moving target, and no one can guarantee that a server can't be compromised. However, we have never felt better about the security of any dedicated server that we have ever leased. The $ we paid for Jonathan to harden our server was money very well spent.