Is it normal ?

debug

Is it normal ?

Post by debug »

Hello,

The screen (UI) after a CSF security check has changed since the last update. Is it normal?

I can't post a photobucket screenshot because I am not currently authorised to post url links. I don't understand why.

Regards
debug

Re: Is it normal ?

Post by debug »

Here is the reply of my hoster. My VPS is managed.
It looks like the newer version of CSF is now making additional security recommendations. One of these include changing your PHP handler from DSO to SuPHP.

The handler can be changed to address the warning in CSF, but the decision will need to be made by you.
Do I have to restore an old server backup to get the last DSO CSF version and block any CSF update ? I don't want use SuPHP.

Regards
Sarah

Re: Is it normal ?

Post by Sarah »

The security checks in csf have not changed, only the appearance of the report has been changed so that it *only* shows warnings or things that may be a problem on the server. Previously it showed items that were OK on the server as well as items that were checked and found not to meet the security checks.

There is no setting in csf to disable that warning or configure what csf will check for in php and there are not different checks or different versions of csf based on what PHP handler you are using. As long as you do not have suphp enabled then it will always show that warning. If you do not want to use suphp then you should simply ignore the warning.

Regards,
Sarah