custom connection/port failing after upgrade to 6.00

peterelsner

custom connection/port failing after upgrade to 6.00

Post by peterelsner »

For the past 3 years, we have had a setting in our csf.allow that has functioned just fine.
It's a connection to a specific IP and port for license validation.

On any server that has to connect to the license server, we have this:

tcp|out|d=15xx0|d=NNN.NN.NNN.NN # wcm license validation server out to port 15xx0 only

On the license validation server, we have this line:

tcp|in|d=15xx0|s=NNN.NN.NNN.NN # wcm license validation server in on port 15xx0 only

We do not have port 15xx0 open in csf.conf because we want to limit which IP's can connect to
that port. This has worked flawlessly for 3 years, but after the upgrade the other night to 6.00
all other servers trying to connect to the licese validation server are failing to connect with a
Connecion Refused message (or trying and simply failing).

Nothing showing up in any of the log files, none of the IP's are blocked (in fact iptables -L -n | grep 'dpt:15xx0' returns ACCEPT).

The only way to fix this is to open up the entire class C IP range (CIDR) on all servers, then it will work.

I read the change log and can't find anything that should/would cause this problem.

Has anyone else experienced something like this since the 6.00 upgrade?
peterelsner

Re: custom connection/port failing after upgrade to 6.00

Post by peterelsner »

Ok, have been battling this problem for 2 days and suddenly all of the servers are able to connect again just like before. The problem seems to have solved itself and I don't know what happened or why it happened. Nor do I know how it fixed itself...