iptables issue

novaworld1

iptables issue

Post by novaworld1 »

hi there

I have installed csf but seem to have come across some issues when testing the tables

Testing ip_tables/iptable_filter...OK
Testing ipt_LOG...OK
Testing ipt_multiport/xt_multiport...OK
Testing ipt_REJECT...OK
Testing ipt_state/xt_state...OK
Testing ipt_limit/xt_limit...OK
Testing ipt_recent...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for PORTFLOOD and PORTKNOCKING features
Testing xt_connlimit...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for CONNLIMIT feature
Testing ipt_owner/xt_owner...OK
Testing iptable_nat/ipt_REDIRECT...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for MESSENGER feature
Testing iptable_nat/ipt_DNAT...OK

so I went through everything agan and all was good as far as I could tell
I contacted my datacentre to see and they returned back saying the following

########################################################
Hi,

The last 3 firewall settings will not work with a OpenVZ Server, as only basic IP Tables will work on OpenVZ.
Hello,
We have activated IP Tables on our end, we have also asked the data centre to check the configurations and they said its fine.

########################################################
is this correct ?
if not how do I rectify the issues I have full control of my vps
laymens terms in responces would be helpful I am still learning as they say

this is not the first install of csf I used to have it in before then out of the blue my sites vanished as well as everything else like it all shutdown so I managed to disable csf and it all came back so I thought I would reinstall it again I think I may have tightened the security to tight in the first place I think that's why it all vanished maybe so I am trying again but those errors are occurring from a new install
many thanxs

many thanxs for your time
ForumAdmin

Re: iptables issue

Post by ForumAdmin »

novaworld1 wrote: is this correct ?
if not how do I rectify the issues I have full control of my vps
laymens terms in responces would be helpful I am still learning as they say
It is correct. It's a limitation of the openVZ kernel. You should be able to use most of csf+lfd, just not those features mentioned.
novaworld1

Re: iptables issue

Post by novaworld1 »

many thanx for the prompt response

ok great so I can just ignore those iptable responces and setup the csf and it should work fine I presume ?

yours novaworld1