STATS: 15 sec. timeout performing ST_MYSQL

aww+

STATS: 15 sec. timeout performing ST_MYSQL

Post by aww+ »

I'm trying to hunt down the cause of this alert on a new centos setup (not cpanel)

I'm actually running percona mysql but it should be the same?

Looking at the source it looks like it must fail right off on the connection itself.

Note that .my.cnf DOES exist and csf has root as the login and blank password so it should use .mycnf

I don't see any other access errors, how can I debug if it's properly grabbing the password?

I tried adding another user I created that can show status (well any user can) and it also fails with that error.

I am starting to wonder if perl is not using the local socket but trying to go through the external IP which I have disabled (skip-networking). I have it set to LOCALHOST, also tried 127.0.0.1 but that's an actual IP.

Is it possible I am missing a perl module?

Thanks for any ideas.
aww+

Re: STATS: 15 sec. timeout performing ST_MYSQL

Post by aww+ »

Okay much more research solved this, it's working now.

The problem was I already had installed

yum install perl-DBI

However - that was not enough. It only made CSF pass the test to see if DBI was available.

It also needed DBD - which to be fair is stated clearly in the docs, but I thought it passed the test for all modules present.

So I also had to do:

yum install perl-DBD-MySQL

Now a warning to others - if you see that last command popup with dependencies, it might clobber newer packages.

So much more research later I had to do this BEFORE the DBD install

yum install Percona-Server-shared-compat

(I am using Percona instead of oracle or mariadb in this case)